Look away! This is outdated for education, experience and impact. It’s several jobs behind. Just assume I’ve gotten smarter, better and more experienced. I’ll get around to updating this soon. Check out LinkedIn for more current info or better yet, ask me directly!
University of Central Florida | Orlando, FL
B.A. Advertising/Public Relations: August 1998-May 2002
Minors in Marketing and Psychology: Suma Cume Laude
I’m a senior-level marketing leader with a proven track record in strategic planning, change management, talent development, organizational savvy, resilience and resourcefulness. I was recognized as a global enterprise Pacesetter; I’ve been nominated twice for Orlando Business Journal’s “Women Who Mean Business”; I’ve been a thought leader / speaker at various industry conferences; and I’ve received numerous accolades from UCF’s Nicholson School of Communication for outstanding achievements among alumni. I’m experienced in building and managing diverse teams and enjoy cultivating talent – while providing the motivation needed for collective success.
Wiley Education Services | Maitland, FL | https://edservices.wiley.com/
Senior Director of Marketing Program Management | July 2012 – Present
In my current role, I help to contribute new knowledge, better tools, and improved marketing processes to support Wiley’s higher education business unit. Responsibilities include:
- project planning and delivery
- marketing program measurement (KPI definition, benchmark setting, reporting)
- sharing of analyses
- marketing enablement and automation leadership
- SOP process documentation and standardization
- practice development
- talent management
- professional speaking
- business development support
Prior to my promotion at Wiley, I was a Regional Director of Brand Management. In that role, I led the development and delivery of digital, direct response marketing and branding strategies. I managed a team of Brand Managers to ensure achievement of partner-specific business objectives as well as the training, development and retention of team members.
I worked in close collaboration with peers, senior management, operations and admissions leaders to support partner level business objectives. In doing so, I served as a liaison between internal/external clients, partner agencies, delivery teams and management to ensure effective communications and program execution.
This role requires a high degree of focus and expertise in the following disciplines: Market Strategy, Brand Positioning and Messaging, Channel Strategy and Optimization, and Team Management.
- Applies insights from research and analytics teams to inform and evaluate marketing plans, tactics and creative initiatives for assigned partner universities.
- Interpret lead and channel performance reports to inform marketing plans, shifts in initiatives and channels for achieving business goals.
- Support new business opportunities and special projects as requested by the Deltak Executive Leadership team.
- Responsible for marketing plan development for new program launches for assigned partner universities.
Brand Positioning and Messaging
- Supports department leadership in the development of standards, processes and best practices for the identification and application of market and audience insights.
- Responsible for the development of partner and program-specific value propositions, offers and calls-to-action to convert prospective students to qualified leads.
- Evaluate creative and messaging for assigned clients and teams to ensure alignment with marketing strategies.
- Manages the delivery of marketing integrated initiatives (i.e. advertising campaigns) for assigned partners.
Channel Strategy and Optimization
- Accountable for delivery of qualified leads for assigned partners.
- Responsible for managing marketing budgets for assigned partners to maximize return on marketing investments.
- Supports department leadership in developing standards and processes for analysis and interpretation of media, website, and sales data.
- Demonstrates a clear command of all marketing channels and their roles in the media mix to lead cross-channel analysis and optimization.
Practice Development and Talent Management
- Supports department leadership in defining processes and best practices for Brand Management.
- Ensures consistent application of strategy and delivery of Brand Management services for assigned partners.
- Supports employee recruitment activities as requested by department leadership.
Intellavia | Orlando, FL | http://www.intellavia.com
Director of Client Services | August 2009 – July 2012
Client Services & Account Management
- Oversee client service relationships and project management
- Develop and maintain client budgets
- Craft strategic marketing plans and implement their strategies and tactics
- Facilitate brand development, craft brand stories and define visual brand language
- Oversee every stage of digital and traditional campaign executions
- New business development: write proposals, answer RFPs, prepare pitch presentations, in-person pitches and communication follow up
- Agency software administrator role
- Agency billing: client estimates, invoices and agency forecasts
- Mange internship program and all new hire training
- Manage digital agency assets on server
- Facilitate requirements gathering, conduct meetings, draft documentation
- Taxonomy programs
- Help develop use case scenarios, workflows and site architecture
- Portlet configuration, add/remove pages, categories, navigation scheme, etc.
- Content management in a wide variety of CMS platforms such as Joomla, WordPress, Liferay and iVCMS
- Develop and execute digital marketing plans
- Extensive implementation of organic search strategies
- Create web-based and mobile-based PPC campaigns
- Well-versed in analytics tracking and reporting
- Long and short format copywriting
- Write copy for print, web, editorials, advetorials
- Keyword rich and contextual copywriting
- Extensive blogging on behalf of a wide variety of clients and industries
- B2B, B2C, internal corporate communications, online press releases
- Testimonials: draft questions, conduct interviews and write personal stories for brand advocacy initiatives
Camdan Creative Solutions | Orlando, FL | http://www.camdancreative.com
Owner/ Writer/ Account Manager | January 2006 – Present
- Manage all business operational functions; including, but not limited to: annual reports, IRS reporting, budget management, administration and new business development
- Manage all production, account service and copywriting needs
- For more information on experience related to Camdan Creative Solutions, please visit www.camdancreative.com
EVOK Advertising | Lake Mary, FL | http://www.evokad.com
Director of Client Services | February 2007 – August 2009
- Responsible for strategic account planning and client growth
- New business development: extensive RFP response preparation including writing, presenting and financial planning. (Efforts include account wins for Orange County Public Schools, WORKFORCE CENTRAL FLORIDA, Gale Pacific and many others.)
- Work with management to develop and refine agency workflow processes
- Client forecasting, fee negotiation and growth strategy development
- ‘Agency time’ estimating for per-project clients
- Develop marketing communication plans utilizing traditional mass media, non-traditional guerilla tactics, internet strategies and/or internal employee support tactics
- Facilitate brand development, write brand stories and define visual brand language
- Traditional account service functions (i.e, develop/ foster client relationships, execute campaigns, facilitate agency functions between client and agency, etc.)
PUSH | Orlando, FL | http://www.pushhere.com
Sr. Account Manager | January 2002 – February 2007
- Oversee brand development and strategic planning
- Responsible for day-to-day client communications on multiple accounts
- Develop, present and implement Marketing Communications Plans
- Develop and present new business pitches, when needed, as part of the new business team
- Lead creative, media, production and research teams in the campaign development process
- Supervise outside production of all creative; including, but not limited to: broadcast, collateral, print, web and outdoor
- Create/ oversee internal work requests to start or continue production on advertising campaigns and materials
- Generate project estimates and timelines, as well as generate work requests for media-related tactics
- Develop and manage client budgets
- Develop and implement large-scale client promotions
- Implement SEM campaigns
- Manage Jr. account team while fostering business and individual growth and development
Orlando Advertising Federation | Orlando, FL | http://www.oaf.com
Member / Former Education Chair | May 2002 – May 2004
- Act as liaison between college students and the Orlando professional advertising community
- Organize and facilitate portfolio reviews, internships and job shadow programs
- Speak to classes and act on advisory panel
- Mentor multiple students
- Define annual objectives, create tactical plan and lead committee in implementation
- Report yearly achievements (Two-time winner of Education club achievement by the American Advertising Federation.)
Skills / Strengths
- 2014 Global Winner for Wiley’s Pacesetter Award Program
- 2008 & 2009 “Women Who Mean Business” nominee – Orlando Business Journal
- Experienced in media relations with coverage locally, nationally and internationally
- Business savvy, bottom-line conscious
- Strategic planning mindset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team leadership and management skills
- Proficient with a wide variety of marketing related software platforms: from Microsoft Office and Keynote to open source CMS such as Joomla, WordPress and Liferay
- Proficient with agency operational software: Infowit, Creative Manager Pro and Clients & Profits
- Knowledgeable on the RFP process including government protocol
- Well-versed in all departmental agency functions